Thursday, April 29, 2010

The new environment, Lakeside campus




It was sad because everyone in LCS is moving to lakeside really soon. Before moving to lakeside I have heard many bad comments from my friends about lakeside campus, the food is expensive, campus is hot because of the reflection of the glass, lift sucks and many other things. Besides, I have been to lakeside library before we moved there, honestly lakeside library gave me a good impression compared with the traditional library I have seen in my previous school. Most of the furniture they purchased and the decoration makes me feel comfortable. Furthermore, most of the furniture is painted with bright color like orange, light green and yellow. If I have the chance to visit the library again, I would definitely spend my whole day and studying with my friends there. This is because when I study at home, I normally is very reluctant to open my book.


Actually, I was pretty excited before I join Taylors college because I saw the new campus from the poster and the poster was everywhere. I think that was one of their strategic to attract more students and also to increase our school fees. But I was quite disappointed because the environment wasnt as good as I expected, the lake is dirty like dead water, moreover there is a illegal cow farm right behind the campus. We can even smell the cows poo from miles away. In spite of that, there are still constructions going beside the lake, and in the morning we can hear the excavator digging the ground like no one cares. Maybe Im exaggerating but thats my first impression to lakeside campus after moving here.

Despite of the cows poo, I discovered there is not enough car parks for students to park their precious car. They might waste their time finding car parks and be late for the class. In addition, I have no idea why Taylors willing to spend so much money on the bumps instead of the painting of the walls. Everywhere I walk around the campus is plain grey. However, if the facility department is willing to paint the walls into plain white color I think the environment will be more graceful.

Anyway, I actually hope Taylors will provide us more ECA or clubs for the students since everyones class ends so early and we have so much free time to enjoy our life, therefore I think we should spend our time in doing more meaningful things like volunteer work and charity. I love to help people, and every time when I am having my holiday in Taiwan I would volunteer to join the charity organization to collect the receipt from other people(in Taiwan, the receipts are collected and being sent to an organization. Certain percentage of our money spent would be donated to the poor ).

Certainly, the feeling of helping people and being helped by other people is totally different. You might think helping other people might be troublesome or boring, it might be troublesome but actually it is not boring at all. You will feel like you have accomplished something after you see the person you are helping smile back at you.

I hope in the future Taylors college could provide more charity clubs for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment