Thursday, May 13, 2010

Exam preparation






When I surf the internet today, I randomly found out this interesting event from Facebook. The event was" One day before exam I will be the most religious person in the world". Yeah! That’s right!! I can tell the whole world I know myself than anyone else, and I will only do things last minutes sometimes, but I’ll become very unstable and nervous before the exam start, and I believe everyone does. Especially 5 minutes before the supervisors put the exam papers on my table, I would pray to whatever god I know in the world and hoping for higher grade, Because I am Chinese so I pray to buddhish god the most, even though I know praying does not helping anything for my grade, but at least I can stay calm and reorganize my mood to answer the questions. In fact, personally I have some tips for preparing the exam, and I guarantee you won’t fail your test anymore if follow it step by step. Firstly of all, making flash cards can be time consuming, but they are helpful tools in remembering vocabulary, formulas, and key concepts. They are also easy to carry around with you so you can review them anytime. Secondly, get enough sleep is really important, I think the whole class already knew that I love to sleep however especially for me, if I get a full night of sleep I will become more alert than usual, more focused and learn things easier than those who are sleep deprived. Especially during the weeks preceding exams keep your sleep schedule as consistent as possible. Somebody might have laugh at me, because I always have my eye bags with me every day I go to the class, even though I feel like I have recharged myself very much. That's because I'm allergic to dust, despite of the eye bags I will sneeze like hell in the morning almost every day. However, to keep you in a good grade, practice is unavoidable. To ensure that you are prepared for your exam, make a mock exam for yourself and you would be able to understand how well you know the material you have absorb from the books, just like how we used to do in high school. Remember Trail exams? I really hate trail exams, and I am saying this from the deep of my heart. I get really stress up during trail exams when I was in high school. I just can’t understand why is exam so important to us? I strongly have a though that we are not going to us most of the knowledge or source we learnt in the college in the future. Many of my friends or cousins are graduated from top university in the world, of course people may think this is very helpful for our future, and that is true, a high qualifications could have help you to get a job easily in the future, but the time has changed in our generation, think in this way, when you think you are good at something actually nevertheless there are millions of them who is much better than you. In my opinion, I think having a good skill in something is better than a qualification, although qualification is important to us as well, but in the same time we should always find an opportunity to enrich ourselves and get more experience to associate oneself with other people in the society.

No comments:

Post a Comment